Bulk Uploading Roles
This document would elaborate step by step guide regarding bulk upload of roles.
How to Bulk Upload Role:
- Go to Manage Catalog. Click on the Add Application drop-down.
- Click on Bulk Application / Role Upload
- You will land up in the Bulk Upload page
- The next step is to click on the role tab from the Bulk Upload page
- Next, you have to download a sample template (XLS) file, so that you would be able to know the format in which you have to upload the data. The name of the XLS file is: sample-role-template.XLS
- IDhub provides 2 different template links. One is the sample template for bulk upload of applications and the other is the sample template for bulk upload of the role. In this guide, you would be bulk uploading roles therefore you have to click on the ‘Download role template’ link in order to download the sample template file for bulk upload of roles.
- Once you have downloaded the sample template file, you have to open the file in an excel spreadsheet software. This is a XLS file and can be open using MS excel or other spreadsheet software or cloud applications.
The different columns which are there in the Role TAB of the excel or XLS file and their basic descriptions are given below:
|Field Name||Field Description|
|Name||This is the role name and is a mandatory field|
|searchTags||This is the field where you can enter the search keywords. This is an optional field.|
|Description||In this field you can enter the description of the role that you are looking to onboard. This is a mandatory field|
|addToCollection||If you want the role to be part of a collection, then you can enter the collection name to which the role is going to be part of.|
|roleOwnerLogin||This is a mandatory field and here you have to enter the name of the user, who is going to be the owner of the role that is being onboarded.|
|approvalWorkflowDisplayName||This is the mandatory field and here you have to enter the workflow which would be applicable for the request of the role. Idhub provides some out of the box workflows which are as follows:i) Auto approval roleii) Group approval roleiii) Manager approval role So you can enter any one of the above 3 options or if there is any custom workflow already created by you in IDhub, then you can enter the name of that custom workflow in here as well.|
|approver1||Here you can enter the name of the approver (level 1) user who would be doing the approval for role request|
|approver2||Here you can enter the name of the approver (level 2) user who would be doing the approval for role request|
|approver3||Here you can enter the name of the approver (level 3) user who would be doing the approval for role request|
|certifiable||You can enter tags that denote the industry or regulatory standards this role has to show compliance and adhere to.|
|riskLevel||Here you would have to enter the Risk Level of their role.Typically in the industry the following are the 3 Risk Level classifications-Low Risk**Moderate Risk**High Risk|
|isRequestable||Here you have to enter YES/NO in order to indicate whether the end users can request access to the role from the search catalog or not.|
The different columns which are there in the Mappinig TAB of the excel or XLS file and their basic descriptions are given below:
|Field Name||Field Description|
|roleName||This is the role name and is a mandatory field|
|applicationName||This is the application name|
|entitlementName||This is the Entitlement name field.|
- After you have entered all of the above field details in the excel file, save the file in your local disk. While entering the data in the excel file, make sure that you are careful of the leading spaces in the data.
- Make sure that the excel file size does not exceed 25 MB.
- The next step is to click on the upload button, navigate to the location where you have saved the excel file, select the file and click on the open button to upload the file.
Finally the system would show the Error message OR Warning messages OR Updates messages.
Meaning of Messages:
Updates (Green dot): This means IDhub has successfully validated the XLS file and there are no errors in the data. The data is ready for the update and IDhub will bulk upload the role data in the XLS file.
Error (red dot): This means IDhub has found some errors in the data which is there in the uploaded XLS file. Admin would have to review those errors, rectify those errors in the excel file and reupload the file in IDhub. Until the errors are removed, IDhub would not be updating or uploading the data and that the data is not ready for the update.
Warning (orange dot): This message means that IDhub didn't find any errors in the data, but still the data isn’t consistent with the expected data, that should have been there. Admin would have to review the data, edit the data in the excel file and re-upload the excel file in IDhub.
- Admin would have to review the errors/warnings and make relevant corrections in the XLS file (sample-role-template.XLS) and upload the file again in IDhub in order to complete the bulk upload process.
- When the XLS file is successfully uploaded without any errors or warnings, the roles would be onboarded into the system, pending access manager approval.
- You should note that a submission can’t be reversed.